Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Had issue with kids/teen spending on ship

Sail Date: October 10, 2015

Traveled As: Family w/young children

Before we got on the ship, i went on Royal Caribbean web site and went through the pre-boarding procedures. I set it up so that only my wife and I can charge to credit card while on board. My 2 kids cannot charge anything. But that wasn't enough until my 13yr old son racked up 40$ in the arcade room first day on the ship.  My son has no concept of money. We gave him the room card so he can roam around the ship and come back to the room anytime he wants.

Went and talked to the customer service on the ship . They said my son's account is linked to my account and they refunded the remaining $10 on my son account. Out of $30 so that's fine.  They unlinked my son account and put a note "do not reactivate" in the system.

Few days later, saw another $40 arcade on my account. Went to talk to customer service again and they could not explain why my son account is active again.  At first, they refunded some money but I told them that wasn't our fault so they refunded all $40.  I asked them we still have 1.5 day left so how do I prevent this from happening again. They made me fill out the form and set my son spending limit to $0.  They said "we have no control over the arcade up stair"  which I don't believe. They are taking advantage of kids.

I think by default, kids should not be able to charge anything on the ship. If parents want their kids to spend while on board, they must fill out a form and set the spending limit.

So if you are cruising with kids and don't want your kids to spend while on board, you need to unlink the kid accounts and/or set the spending limit. The check-in agent at the gate should be able to do this.

Book all shows before boarding. Otherwise, you have to wait in line outside and they may let you in 10min before the show.