Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Contributor Level: Third Mate

My cruise experience

Sail Date: June 13, 2015

This was my first cruise and I had an absolutely great time.  The ship was everything that I had heard it would be.  The dinning room and food was top notch.  My room was great and enjoyed the balcony. The shows I attended were very entertaining and the peace and quiet of the ocean was unbelievable.  The excursions I went on were very nice, priced well and had fun on all of them.Love

Beautiful ship and lots to keep me entertained. Very nice ship.
The food was excellent. We ate dinner in the main dining room and had very nice choices, a lot of variety and excellent service.
Chandra was our dining attendent and he was wonderful. Very friendly, helpful and took the time to describe what was on the menu and very good with the children and all of us. We loved him. He is an asset to Royal Carribean.
Went to the water and trampoline show. It was very entertaining and fun to watch. They did an excellent job and were very talented. Great show.
I enjoyed the swimming area for the kids. I got to play with my nieces in the pool area alot and enjoy a ice cream cone or two. I very much enjoyed watching the wave rider. That was very interesting. I loved the chairs at the back of the boat where you could sit and read and listen to the ocean and watch the wake from the boat!
Went on a horse and buggy ride at Nassau and got to walk around the town. Very nice people running the buggy ride. Enjoyed the history that he told me about the island and the buildings we were seeing. On St. Thomas I went on the Secret Beach excursion and enjoyed it. The beach was clean, the water was beautiful and the attendant was gracious. We got to swim, snorkel and just lay out in the sun. On St. Maarten I took a bus ride over to Maho Beach and got to watch the planes come in to land and the take offs also. That is now marked off my bucket list. I loved it and got to share it with a few of the family members and they loved it too.
My cabin was great. It was big enough for me and I loved the balcony. The room was clean and very comfortable. My cabin attendant was June and he was wonderful. He took care of the room twice a day and did an excellent job in getting me the things I requested. I had him take some items for laundry and he gave me what I needed to fill out and was very nice. I also requested a fan and he got that for me within a half an hour. Very kind and helpful. Another asset to Royal Caribbean. He was special and I just loved his smile every time you would see him. Great job done by June.
Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida
The boat cruise of the expensive homes.
Nassau was interesting to see how the people live and how important tourism is to them.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
St. Thomas was nice. The Secret beach excursion was nice.
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
I did like St. Maarten better than St. Thomas. It seemed cleaner and more modern I guess. Lovely scenery on our bus trip to Maho Beach and back.

Pay for your drink package and gratuities ahead of time. Also, when you can, book your excursions early.