Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Purser

It was just okay

Sail Date: January 10, 2015

It was exciting to think about cruising on the largest ship in the world (though I think that means passenger ship, but not sure).  Anyway, bigger is fine, but not necessarily better.  The shows were decent, except for Cats which was terrible.  The service was good and what you would normally expect.  The food was less than average and hard to find a place open many times of the day.  Maybe it was the time of the year, but many of the passengers were old and cranky.  This rudeness was hard to overcome many days.

Of course, like most things in life, it is what you make of it.  The lack of quality of food prevented me from gaining weight, so I guess I should thank them.  The ports were as to be expected and the weather was very nice.  My wife and I hadn't gotten away on a trip for just the two of us in years, so we danced and laughed and had a great time!  Several folks mentioned they really like Princes so we may try them next time or a luxury cruise with Crystal.  We avoided the luxury cruise because of the price, but after all the add-ons with RC, it wouldn't have been that much more with Crystal.  Internet $200, Specialty dining $15-$30 per person, per night, $10 cocktails (or unlimited for $880), several parts of he ship where us steerage folks weren't allowed to go (a bit like being Irish on the Titanic down below the gates haha), Photos for $15 each, and it just went on and on.  Okay, I've gone negative again, so I'll stop there.  Just set your expectations low and budget high and you'll be fine.  Make the best of it.

Book your shows and excursions at least 7 days before you depart or you won't get to see or do much.

very small
Cats and Comedy were sub-par. Headliner and water show were excellent.
Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida
I need to stop writing this because I'm havingto point out so many negative things. We went a few days ezrly and there's really nothing to see or do. Don't waste your time and money.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Our favorite - hrseback riding in the ocean was really cool!

They do a good job at providing on-board activities. Ping-pong, Zip Line, Surfing, etc. The lounge chairs weren't padded which was a negative. Not enough restaurants open unless you are willing to pay extra. Not enough water stations. Good at getting people on and off with over 6000 people