Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

My first cruise at the Oasis of the Seas

Sail Date: October 27, 2014

This was my first time in a ship. The ship is absolutely beautiful. The size of our cabin I would say it was pretty small considering what we paid. I was expecting to have 3 to 4 twin beds, instead we had a queen bed (which was pretty comfortable) and a sofa (that was not that comfortable). Fortunately we spend most of the time out of the cabin since there is so much to do.

There is plenty of food everywhere you go. We had dinner four of our evenings at a restaurant named Silk. Our waiter was Rigor, three of those evening.  Rigor went out of his way to please each one of us. Our party was composed of 6 people, two of them only understand Spanish. Rigor not only spoke Spanish to us he also brought Spanish menus to our table. He also knew the name of each one of us. On our second dinner at the Silk I asked Rigor for a dessert that I had heard about called Baked Alaska. Not only he knew about the desert, it was also on the dessert menu that evening.  I have to admit the Baked Alaska was awesome. On our last night we had a different waiter, his name was Xavier, he was also very nice. Besides Rigor and Xavier there were other waiters that brought us bread and drinks. They were all awesome.

I also enjoyed the shows. Every night except the last day we went to one and some days two shows. The last day we were planning to see Splish Splash (or something like that) but when we went there It was cancelled. Using the TV in your cabin you can book for shows and restaurants, however when we tried we were not able to do any booking through the TV and when we called the telephone numbers we were not able to reserve that way either since the phone was not answered or you had to hold and no one came back. Most of the shows we had no reservation but we showed up and we were able to get in. The Comedy show was pretty good, but they need to use a bigger room instead of the small room.

I visited the Fitness Room daily. They have a large fitness room. You will find all kid of machines. I went in the afternoon and didn't have any issues or had to wait.

I particularly enjoyed when we stopped at The Bahamas, but not so much of Cozumel. We had a wonderful tour guide at the Bahamas, his name is Alfred.

The ship is huge and beautiful.
Plenty of food everywhere you go.
I was in a cabin with two other people. I was expecting 3 twin beds. Instead we had a queen or maybe King bed and a sofa/sleeper. The bed was very comfortable but the sofa/sleeper was not good. The shower is very tiny. I'm a small person and still I think the shower room was quite small.
The staff at the Silk were all very nice. Rigor was our waiter most of the times at the Silk and he went far and beyond to please each one of us (6 of us).
The shows were all great. Booking was not easy, but we were able to attend all the shows that we wanted to see.
We didn't have any small children with us.
The Halloween party was great.
I loved the Bahamas since we had a great tour guide, that we hire when we were on the island. We were not that lucky at Cozumel. I would try to book an excursion with the ship if I were to stop at Cozumel again.
Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida
I am from Florida, so I just drove to Ft.Lauderdale to board the ship.
We took a tour with a tour guide named Alfred. He only charged us $22 per person. He took us to many places, told us about the history of the places he took us, he also took us to Atlantis. The beaches are beautiful and Alfred was great.
Stick to the ship's excursions/Tours. Bring your own mosquito repellent. We had a local driving us around. Everywhere they took us was a place to buy tequila or pay to get in. We paid $55/per person. Was not worth it , it was a ripped off.

For dinner go to Silk. For Cozumel try to stay with she ships excursions instead of buying tour with the locals.