Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Purser

Beautiful ship with disappointing crew

Sail Date: March 29, 2014

Traveled As: Family w/young children

The ship is extremely beautiful with what seemed like an endless amount of daily activities to participate in. The night time activities were lacking though. The food was good but really in need of a better variety, I expected a ship of this size to offer better selections. Royal Caribbean also needs to expand their complimentary dining. There is definitely more additional cost restaurants on this ship that gives you the being nickled and dimed experience. The staterooms are entirely too small. We booked four people in what we thought was a stateroom that could accommodate all of us and was extremely shocked to discover otherwise. The crew would have to be the biggest and most unbelievable disapppointment on this cruise. I have been on 18 cruises now and have always enjoyed the presence of the crew until this sailing. Don't get me wrong, a few were somewhat pleasant but for the most part they acted completely miserable in their jobs. They rarely smiled, would avoid you if possible, and were rude when you talked to them. Our stateroom attendant was not entirely too bad and was probably the most tolerable crew memeber we came across all week. The crew on this ship is clearly stressed and over worked, this showed in their overall attitudes. I have always loved sailing with Royal Caribbean but have found myself wanting to cruise Carnival next year for our spring break.