Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Booking #19716722
Reservation #3855957
Cabin #11188

ATTN: Customer Service

My husband & I planned a cruise to meet other people our age since we just became empty nesters. We booked the cruise for second seating sitting at a large table of 8 to 10 people. The two reasons we booked your cruise was to go to St. Thomas and to meet other people. Neither of these happened.

DAY ONE of the cruise we were seated at a table of four for just the two of us. We went to the maitre Dee stand to change it and they said they would. One hour later they took us to a table that was full.
At that point dinner was almost over so we sat alone. They said that they would fix the problem on DAY TWO and that they would call us with a new table number. We went to guest services on day two to make sure everything was set. The lady at the front desk e-mailed the maitre Dee and said that he would get back to us before dinner. He didnt so we went to dinner at 8:30 and waited at the desk for another hour to get help and they had no record of any changes. These were the same assistant maitre Dees we spoke with the night before and they couldnt remember us and didnt have any record of it. We sat at another table alone because dinner was almost over.

DAY THREE the maitre Dee called our cabin early in the morning. He said what is it you want and I will take care of it? I told him that we wanted to be at a large table and that was what was booked. He said I will take care of it and call you back today. I told him that I had been told that before and havent received any calls. I told him that I didnt want to wait another hour at the maitre Dee stand.
He said I will call you back today. I am the maitre Dee. He never called me back. We went to dinner and they still had no record of it and didnt have any record of a table for us. After three nights with no communication just threw up our hands and sat alone. Again the same assistants said What is it that you wanted? We just said never mind. If they couldnt honor our reservations we should have been told ahead of time. It is unbelievable that the maitre Dee never called us back.

When we booked the cruise we were going to Nassau the last day so we could have the first two days to enjoy the ship. This was also changed. As you know we didnt get to stop in St. Thomas so we really wanted to be off the ship by then. We had a horrible trip

We have been on seven Carnival Cruises. We had always heard that Royal Caribbean was better. We had problem after problem with Royal Caribbean. We never had any problems with Carnival. If we did they would always make it right.

I am a retired travel agent and know several people in the industry. I will not recommend this ship.

Lynea C. Landeis cc: Cruise 411 & Carnival Cruise Line

Recommends Oasis of the Seas? No.

Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
We paid to stop here but didn't....We should get our money back!