Great cruise

Norwegian Wind Cruise Review to Hawaii

Helpful Vote: 1

10 Night Hawaiian Islands (Honolulu Roundtrip)
Sail Date: March 01, 2006
We really enjoyed our cruise in Hawaii. The trip to Fanning Island gave us time to relax and undwind before hitting all the islands on the way back to Oahu. We thought the ship was beautifully maintained and everything was clean and ship shape. All of the staff was pleasant and helpful. I only wish the time in port could have been longer.

I think freestyle dining is nice, it was a little difficult to eat early with a group of 8. We had no problems eating after 8 pm with our group. We were able to get reservations at the speciality restuarant with the same late dinning. I found the food to be good and the service excellent.

Entertainers were excellent.

Very friendly and polite staff

The ship is smaller than some but well maintained and staffed.

Rooms on cruise ships are small, but I thought ours was as big as most and we had a small sitting area. Everything was clean and well maintained.
We just walked around and sat on the beach. It was great.
We rented a car and I loved the black sand beach and volcano national park. We had to really drive to get there and back on time.
Don't Miss: Volcano National Park
We ate at Cool Kat's near the port. The hamburgers were good.
Don't Miss: We went whale watching with the Pacific Whale Foundation!
Snorkeling was great here. We rented cars and went snorkeling at a state park near the Place of Refuge. I swam with some turtles.
Don't Miss: snorkeling!
We rented a car and went to Waimea canyon. The view is beautiful.
Don't Miss: Waimea canyon

Pros: I liked seeing the volcano erupting as we sailed past it at night!

Cons: Having to rush at ports to get back in time.