Norwegian Sun Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Amazing First Cruise

Sail Date: October 29, 2011

Couldn't have asked for a better cruise with such a variety of ports

Pros: Ship Staff

Cons: Cozumel was as expected, a bit dirty and pushy locals

Recommends Norwegian Sun? Yes!

Everything is on 5, 6, 7 and 11 floors. If you can get a room on the 6th floor that really helps.
Wonderful variety every meal. Two formal halls are included, one will not allow you to wear shorts.
Great size for three people. Nervous when I saw I would be sleeping on a fold out couch, but it was the best sleep I've ever gotten. Sheets were super soft.
I'm now spoiled. They go above and beyond to cater to any need.
Sing/dance show every night. Variety of music and activities for young and old.
Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas
Like being in a dream! Norwegian is pouring big money into this place and it is arleady so much fun. Shaded beach areas, private areas, full sun...tons of activities and a small straw market.
George Town, Grand Cayman
A nice change from pushy locals. Very upsale and classy island. Great shopping and very clean.
Locals were very pushy, my dad got offered pot. Shopping was fun, it was a bit dirty, but still had a good time. San Gervasio is a great option to visit Mayan Ruins in about 2 hours. It is 30 minutes from port, $50 taxi both ways. Toured a Tequila place too. A little nervous to eat local places, so we ate at Senior Frogs.
Don't Miss: San Gervasio - Ask for Rubun as your guide
Falmouth, Jamaica
My favorite! Yardie Tours - Dunn's River Falls was amazing. Scotchies for lunch with jerk chicken/pork. Super clean, just say no or walk away from locals...but they weren't as bad as all the reviews let them out to be. Nicest people of all the ports! Port isn't completed, but it will be soon and they really pull out all the bells and whistles to welcome you and say farewall. I didn't want to leave!
Don't Miss: Dunn's River Falls and Scotchies - Yardie Tours