Norwegian Star Cruise Review to Europe - Northern Europe

Book on a newer ship!

Sail Date: May 27, 2015

Room Type: Suite

Our cruise was on the Norwegian Star.   This ship needs to be updated or replaced. Also, this ship needs to train their staff better in providing information and most of all SERVICE.  The ship was casual, which I liked. But, management mistook people's desire for independence and casualness to "not wanting service".  I've been on many cruises and this was my least favorite.  Live and Learn.

Needs updating
The specialty restaurants do not measure up to other lines or ships
Disorganized and not service oriented
The entertainment was as good or better than any other cruise I've been on
Not interesting. Very boring art auction and Bingo (Hard to make these bade, but they succeeded)
Sorry that we didn't get to visit Stockholm. They said too much wind. I wonder if that was the case as there was a light chop.
The cabin was OK as a larger room. There is no way that this should be considered a mini suite. Very poorly laid out room. Hardly room to open the closet doors. There was not enough room for the furniture that they tried to pry in. We had to ask for part of the furniture to be removed. The room was also noisy due to being directly below a busy restaurant.
Copenhagen, Denmark
Warnemunde (Berlin), Germany
Why push Berlin on this port? I think there are probably many interesting places close to the harbor that would not involve spending 5 hours of the day on a train.
Tallinn, Estonia
Beautiful city. However, the signage from downtown back to the ship was poor at best.
Helsinki, Finland
Beautify squeeky clean city
Stockholm, Sweden
This port was cancelled.

Our suite (which really wasn't a suite) was located directly below the main "all day restaurant". People were moving chairs and tables all night. This ship is "low information and low service". Many people might want a little more service, check before buying. The ship had a very dated feel.