Norwegian Star Cruise Review to Panama Canal, Central America

Stressful experience

Sail Date: November 17, 2014

We boarded Nov 17 in Miami, after handing our 3 pieces of luggage to a luggage handler on the dock who was to deliver it to the ship, along with others.   Our luggage never appeared by end of day.   We finally learned that our luggage was dumped into the ocean by the tram driver, along with those of several others.   We lost about two hours itemizing and listing every piece of wet clothing, which was to be washed and dried.  Our luggage was ruined as were two electrical items and some clothing. The following day, when my clothing never was returned to me, I was told that it was not there (even though there was an itemized list showing what had been there).  After much stress and lost time, it finally showed up (we were told they didn't know what cabin it belonged to!).   We still have had no response to our letter requesting reimbursement.  Additionally, I caught bronchitis the last week of the 13-day cruise and could not go on shore trips in the extreme heat.  I was told by the ship's doctor that I was one of the lucky ones, as everyone else he was seeing  had pneumonia.    Compared to other ships we were on, we found the elevators to be relatively small and crowded.  Long lines at some of the restaurants, blocking access to the restaurants.  On the positive side, the beds were comfortable and the buffet had many interesting choices.  Food was plentiful.  The casino was fun and the hosts and slot people were very friendly and accomodating.

Our cabin steward was very nice and left amazing towel animals on our bed
Cartagena, Colombia
Tour of old city was very interesting