Great destinations ... Average ship

Norwegian Star Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Western Caribbean (New Orleans Roundtrip)
Sail Date: November 11, 2012
Ship: Norwegian Star
Not impressed. The only thing about the ship that I really liked was the art work in the stairwells. The fountain in the Atrium seemed like it didn't work. There was a lot of rust throughout the ship and the decor just seemed off. I was not WOW'ed. This cruiseship seemed to be geared towards older people and not the 20-40 year old group.

The buffet was average. There seemed to be the same thing everyday and there were very little Vegan options. The restaurant food was better. I especially like the a la carte sushi and it was at a reasonable price.

I was bored on at sea days. The activities seemed to be geared towards an older type crowd. I was ready to go once we finished going to the ports.

Everyone was willing to help with whatever was needed and always smiling.

The decor is outdated\, the elevators on one side of the ship worked when they wanted to and kept skipping floors or you couldn't press a specific floor.

Average size room\, but I gave it a good rating because our room attendant kept it very clean.

Pros: The countries visited and the excursions

Cons: The ship seems outdated and no free wifi

Recommends Norwegian Star? No.