A Beautiful Cruise with a Great Crew!

Norwegian Star Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

7 Night Alaska & Sawyer Glacier (Seattle To Vancouver)
Sail Date: September 17, 2011
Ship: Norwegian Star
Cabin Type: Suite
Our cruise on the Norwegian Star was an absolutely fabulous experience. The ships crew was absolutely delightful. The onboard entertainment was of a really professional caliber, with stunning voices, beautiful dancing, and incredible performances.

The most important tip I can give to anyone taking a cruise with Norwegian: DO NOT MISS THE ONBOARD SHOWS! There entertainment is an invaluable addition to your travelling experience. You'll be absolutely taken aback by the impressive displays.

I had three complaints on this cruise:
- One was that the wait staff in the main dining halls was really lacking. I often had to flag down a waiter for a refill, for a question, or for a problem with my food (which was rare).
- Another was that the variety of food in the buffet dining and the 24/7 dining was lacking.
- The last thing was the general lack of entertainment during the day. There were shopping talks and lounge music, but nothing truly entertaining.

Despite the above complaints, it wasn't a bad trip. It was really excellent. Every other aspect of the trip was wonderful, we even won several raffles! We actually left the boat with more than we went on with because of that!

The quality and the variety of food in the restaurants was incredible, less the Blue Lagoon (the 24/7 option) and the Market Cafe (the buffet).

The best restaurant was Ginza, the Asian Fusion option. There were so many choices, the service and ambiance was exciting and calming at the same time. I'd highly recommend it over any of the other specialty restaurants.

I can't really say much more here than I already have, but I will re-iterate not to miss the onboard shows. They really are top notch.

The ships size wasn't overwhelming and it was easy to get used to the layout and get around. It also never felt small or felt like we were trapped.

We had the mini-suite, which was perfect for space, making it nice to spend time in the room and enjoy our balcony.
Very little to see and do here, short of driving to a glacier or taking a helicopter. Expensive and overhyped.

Don't Miss: Glacier Point Wilderness Safari

Don't Miss: Wilderness Explorer excursion is a must!

Pros: The onboard entertainment was incredible.

Cons: The wait service in the main dining halls

Recommends Norwegian Star? Yes!