Norwegian Star Cruise Review to Mexico

warm weather

Sail Date: February 28, 2008

This was my second cruise with Norwegian in 5 years and on both cruises they changed our itinerary. I know that fuel prices are high, but to lie to us and tell us the ship had rudder problems and that they couldn't go as far and had to change two ports that we should have stopped at and then just like magic once we were started back to our departure point the ship was fixed! I wonder if Norwegian does this often. Several other cruisers told us they had the same problem on their last cruise with them. I will never travel with them again.

Pros: stopping at different ports

Cons: they changed our itinerary

Recommends Norwegian Star? No.

All the food was too salty. I feel they did this so that you had to buy more drinks to compensate for the saltiness.
clean rooms
I feel the classes they had on board the ship all focused on spending money at certain stores. Norwegian must get a kickback from this stores. I overheard a cruiser complain onboard about buying jewelry from one of the "recommended" stores and then got it appraised in the US and the price they paid was more than was it appraised at.
the staff were very friendly and courteous.
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Didn't take an excursion at this port. Just shopped in town. Too many locals, especially kids, pushing their trinketts on us.
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
We took the a drive, via bus, to a village and took a hike and learned about the flora and fawna. Then we ate food that was cold and tasteless.