Norwegian Star Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Fantastic cruise on Noweigian Starr

Sail Date: September 10, 2006

This was my first cruise. I have not gone before due to sea sickness. However, going to Alaska wasn't too bad with some help from Bonimine. The weather was the best that has ever been, sunny the whole trip, seems like a first. The Star was impressive with dining rooms, bars and entertainment areas for all people. I found many quiet places on the ship and enjoyed them a lot. Sitting on the bow of the ship for days was wonderful. I thought the food and service were exceptional for so many people.
There were activities at all times, so one could be busy or just enjoy the scenes going by on this great adventure

Pros: the Glacier Bay day

Cons: Disembarking in Juneau. I'm claustrophobic, so being stuck in a tight hall with 2300 other people trying to get out of the ship at once was a nightmare.

We had a balcony stateroom. I kept saying, it is larger than a camper. So, that helped with the actual moving around. The balcony was a great help.
The help kept the whole ship in tip top shape. Cleanliness and friendliness was indeed trained into this diverse population of helper.
Juneau, Alaska
Enjoyed the tram trip and the nature hike
Skagway, Alaska
I loved this city. Will return again. Just felt friendly.
Don't Miss: The cemetary
Ketchikan, Alaska
Didn't like the commercial area at all. Seemed geared to us cruisers.
Don't Miss: Saxman village and show