Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review to Transatlantic

Great Vacation - Awesome Itinerary

Sail Date: April 16, 2016

My husband and I just returned from our cruise.  We loved the stops that were made.  Rooms were clean, staff was friendly and helpful.  The shows were good.  My only reason for not giving 5 stars is that there isn't a lot to do on this ship other than play in the casinos and Bingo.  That was tolerable, because we were only at sea for 2 days - so we just curled up with good books.   Some reviews mentioned the ship being small - yes it is - but that also allows you to port in some places that the larger ships can't get in to.  This was a little older crowd than we were used to - not sure why.  We are 49/55 - everyone seemed to be 60-70. The ship is a little outdated - but honestly I am not on a cruise ship for that purpose.  It was clean.  We cruise to visit locations. Getting off and on the ship for ports was very simple.  The only other complaint was there was some inconsistencies with the dress code.  One night my husband was asked to put on long pants (he was wearing nice dress shorts and collared shirt).  Every night we were at Windows or Garden Room- there were many men in shorts and old t shirts.  My husband looked overdressed compared to them.  I like the dress code - just make it consistent.    Great vacation over all.

Plenty of room, very clean. Great service. Attendant knew our names from the beginning and was so kind and polite.
Key West, Florida
Key West Bike Tour was an awesome way to see the Keys in a short amount of time. Key Lime Pie was delicious.
George Town, Grand Cayman
We loved our tour of Stingray City, Coral Gardens and starfish. We used NativeWay Water Sports. Loved them.
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Take the tram- it is a beautiful view of the port and jungle. We did the bobsled and loved it.
Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas
Just plan to relax. We snorkeled - it was good - but not as clear as Grand Cayman.

The Blue Lagoon is a great little place to stop in for fish and chips, appetizers, burgers or sandwiches.  It is complimentary and was a nice place for lunch.