Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Third Mate

First time cruiser

Sail Date: February 20, 2016

This was my first cruise ever & I really had a great time! My Mom picked this cruise to celebrate her 50th birthday. After reading reviews about the Norwegian Spirit, I was a bit skeptical. I noticed though that most of the complaints are from those who have cruised on other lines. As a first time cruiser, I have nothing to compare this experience too. Overall, I really enjoyed my time on the Spirit. I would recommend any first timers to give the Norwegian Spirit a chance! I cruised with 8 other family members & it was so much fun to experience this together. The beautiful weather made the cruise even better.

Cruise Photos

I was supposed to be in cabin 6505 but our family switched rooms. This review is for cabin 6553. This cabin fits up to 4 people. We had 2 twin size beds, a twin size trundle bed & a twin fold out bed from the wall that sits over one of the beds like a bunk bed set-up. Loved our little room. My only complaint would be the sewer smell in the bathroom. It wasn't constant & we never smelled it in the room itself. We were never in our room a lot so didn't need to pay extra for window or balcony. Would definitely book an inside stateroom again. Cabin 6553 was quiet.
Everything went smoothly.
I did one excursion only which was in Grand Cayman. The Catamaran Ride/Stingray Adventure was AWESOME! We tendered to Grand Cayman by boat then hopped on a small bus that took us to the catamaran & then back to the boat to get to the ship.
We didn't take advantage of every activity. Our group did participate in trivia, bingo, karaoke & dance parties. I felt like there was an activity for everyone. We had an older crowd on this cruise (average age mid 50's), so I'm not sure what the activities were like for the kids. We also brought some card games of our own to play.
We attended the 7:30pm show every night. I wouldn't of gone to see the shows myself but since I was in a group it was fun to do together & am glad I went!
No matter where I went on the ship, a staff member always said hello to me with a smile!
We dined in Windows at 5:30pm every night. The food was good & our waiter Jamyl was very nice & entertained us with his napkin folding skills! We ate in the cafeteria for breakfast & lunch. The food was good! A lot of options like burgers, hot dogs, soups, pastas, salads, pizza, vegetarian dishes, sandwich fixings, meats, desserts, fruits, ice cream...etc.
Port Canaveral, Florida
Key West, Florida
George Town, Grand Cayman
Make sure to do the Catamaran Ride/Stingray Adventure! You'll never forget it!
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Be prepared to say ' no thank you' a lot. People are very persistent in Jamaica. They want you to buy buy buy. The shops are fine. Buy the Tortuga Rum Cake or the Sweet & Simply Butter Rum Cake, they make great gifts & they're tasty.
Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas

Buy the drink of the day! They're $4 to $5 cheaper than other drinks on the menu & it's a good way to sample drinks you've never had before.