Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Good for some - but not for others.

Sail Date: February 20, 2011

Unlike the more formally planned days on other cruiselines...NCL lets you do everything - as they say - FREESTYLE. This may work well for some people, but I found many aspects of the cruise to be less than adequate.

Pros: Being able to eat when I wanted to.

Cons: Questionable service from many of the staff.

Recommends Norwegian Spirit? No.

Quality of food varies greatly....buffet is rather poor in quality and selection. Poolside bbq is cold by the time you get through the line. Main dining rooms offer the best meals, but for anything better - you have to pay the "cover charge" for the fancy restaurants.
Ship layout is confusing - many decks are cut off at forward or aft - and you have to go up and down levels to get to where you want to go.
This was the smallest inside cabin I have ever been in.
Minimal entertainment options that didn't cost you more money.....a Murder Mystery Luncheon ($20), Bingo ($49-89), Margarita Tasting ($15) get the drift.
Some staff were great...others were obnoxious. I believe this is due to the FREESTYLE nature of things, where staff is not assigned to certain service areas or dining tables. However, I will say our room steward and his assistant were very nice and went out of there way to be thorough.