Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review to Canada, New England, New York

Third Mate

A GOOD CRUISE

Sail Date: September 28, 2008

Both the crew and the cuisine were excellent. The ports were great, also. We had a problem in Martha's Vineyard getting back to the ship. The water was very rough, so we had to wait for a local sightseeing boat to take us there. We were crowded, with no explanation, in a small area under a canopy. I stood for 80 minutes waiting for a ride back to the ship. It was not a pleasant experience but would have been easier if someone would have explained the situation.
Also, I would advise travelers not to play the slots at the casino. I did not see anyone winning.......ever! There was a lot of grumbling around the ship because of the total lack of jackpots.
One last thought........as an experienced cruiser, I was surprised to find that NCL was charging $10 to $15 per person for the five upgraded restaurants. It used to be one or two at most.
Would I do it again? Yes, most definitely, but I might try another cruise line.

Pros: THE STAFF WERE EXTREMELY KIND AND FRIENDLY.

Cons: CABIN WAS TIGHTER THAN OTHER LINES (BALCONY)

Recommends Norwegian Spirit? Yes!