Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Ship should be retired

Sail Date: February 18, 2007

Traveled As: Family w/young children

The ship as a whole was quite dated and several rust spots were obvious in both the public areas as well as the cabins I had.

The dirt in the rooms remained for almost the entire cruise until I cleaned it. There were no toiletries(lotion,shampoo,etc) like on the many other ships(9) that I and my family have been on. There seemed to be a limit on the number of bath towels that were placed in my room even after repeatedly asking for more.

The rooms themselves seemed small, even my six year olds(twins) wondered why they were so small. I have a family of 4 and I get two conecting rooms, without that I would have walked off the boat in NY.

The televisions were actually 13 inch antiques that only had 7 or 8 channels.
The overall quality of the stateroom was sub standard.

I cpuld no way recomend this ship to anyone. I cannot determine if the line "NCL" is in total bad or not but ,I would not be willing to risk such an expensive trip, both from a monetary point of view as well as the time constraints of travelling with school age children.

Lastly, the food quality and time of availabilty. The food itself was horrible but there was plenty of it. For the first two days I ate cold cereal for both breakfast and lunch and had a large salad for dinner. By the way the salad bar was always empty.

The childrens choices were available everday every meal but it was mostly deep freid fatty garbage.

Pros: I liked 24 hr access to the gym

Cons: Whole experience from start to finish was sub-par & non-recomendable

Recommends Norwegian Spirit? No.

Port Canaveral, Florida
I used the ship to get to universal studios. The port itself is very clean and organized
Port Canaveral, Florida
Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas
waste of time for the guest but a goldmine for the cruses line
Don't Miss: waste of time
Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas
waste of time for the guest but a goldmine for the cruses line
Don't Miss: waste of time
I used the ship so I could go to the atlantis hotel. I took a room for the day so I could utilize the property. I wish the ship stayed longer then 4 hours because after that it rushed to NCL's private island which was laughable. I tried to make arrangments to sail or fly to NCL's island but with 4 hours I didn't want to waste valuble time. In retrospect I would have made those arangments and stayed over at the hotel and caught up to the ship at the island because it stayed there from 7:00pm until 12:30ish the next day