Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Not a good trip!

Sail Date: August 31, 2008

Overall impression of the ship was ok. I have been on 6 cruises and this was probably the worst one. Itinerary was changed several times due to hurricane. Time of departure was delayed by 4 hrs. When we finally got into the cabin, bathroom was not cleaned, remote control for the tv was not functioning properly. Food quality was ok, breakfast was ok, rolls were very hard. No other option for drinks other than iced tea and water. No juices or punch was provided during lunch and dinner hrs. Entertainment wasn't the very best. Comedian was horrible, shows were again...ok, not the best and I guess it could have been the worst. There should be alot more entertainment available.

Pros: freestyle dining was great, eat when you want to

Cons: Not many options to dine, only 3 dining areas. 2 rest had the exact same menu

Recommends Norwegian Spirit? No.

There was 4 people in our stateroom. 1 adult, 2 teens, and 1 child. The 3rd bed was a pullout couch bed which was extremely uncomfortable. Once the bed was pulled out; no way to get to the bathroom. You would have to jump and leap, not at my age or trample the persons leg to get over. Terrible!!!! Mattress extremely uncomfortable on all beds!! I have a bad back, so all you back achers, BEAWARE! I also had an oceanview, what a joke, it was a peephole. If I knew that was what I would be getting; I was better off with the most economic cabin and saved a few bucks in my pocket.
The staff members were not the most friendliest poeple, remember I've been on 6 cruises.. yes, I am comparing :)
There should definitely be alot more entertainment and activities onboard. No movies???
I have been on bigger ships and this was rather smaller, but decent to get around. condition in public areas were fairly clean.
There were 4 dining areas including upstairs buffett. 2 rest serving same menu, not enough selections, very disappointed. One dining which I should NOT count, considering this was more of a fast food type, such as hamburgers, chicken fingers, hot wings...ok. There was alot more specialty rest., which was pricey, ranging from $15 to $25.
Overall it was ok; very inconvenient since I could not have my teenager son pick my daughter up. I had to consistently pick her up at all times therefore; I had to stop EVERYTHING I was doing to pick her up at the appropriate time.
Didn't go there due to change of schedule, went to Bermuda. Where did I go??? Oh yeah, Bermuda, terrible, boring, nothing to do unless you have excursions. We were there for 3 days!!!!!!
Port Canaveral, Florida