Norwegian Sky Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Sister cruise

Sail Date: September 26, 2016

Reviewed: 16 days ago

My favourite part of the cruise was entertainment and the excursions. We had a great time. It was our first time having the unlimited drink package and that was a nice feature that we enjoyed alot. I was as little worried that there would be lots of heavy drinkers but fortunately it wasn't a problem.  The embarkation went extremely smooth. WE got on the ship very fast with no hiccups. However, the debarkation was total nightmare I have never been a part of something so unorganized. This was our first time on a freestyle cruise. We never saw our room attendant. She did an okay job at cleaning but it was odd. I have been on many cruises and normally at some point you meet the room steward. It was my sisters first cruise and I was sad that she didn't experience some of the things I normally take for granted. It was so freestyle that I think it is lacking some of the nicety of other cruisel ines. The room was a family outside room. I can't imagine how small a regular room is because this room was super tight for 3 adult women.

Tiny, the smallest room I have ever been in. It was clean and the bed was comfy. But we had to leave our suitcases out because we couldn't unpack completely. One of the drawers didn't open at all and there weren't that many to begin with. I can not imagine sharing this room with my kids. I would have had to go on another vacation to get over it. The room steward was MIA. We never saw her. We knew she was somewhere as our room was tidied everyday. But sometimes she would leave us 3 wash clothes and other times only 2. We are there adult females. Normally I would step outside the cabin and ask our steward or when I see them in the hall way at some point ask but.....MIA
This one is tough. Our embarkation was superb!!! A 10. Our disembarkation was a nightmare. Slow, slow slow and long drawn out lines. A 2.
The design of the ship was nice. Easy to get around. But the Sky is showing it's age.
We found the entertainment very enjoyable.
I say okay because they weren't unfriendly they just don't go out of there way. The director was funny. The bartenders were friendly.
The meals were very good. The buffet presentation could be better.
Miami, Florida
Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas We didn't make it here. :( I was very disappointed that our itinerary changed it was the one place I wanted to go the most.

Your trip will be what you make it. Over all we had a good time. If I hadn't been on other cruises, it may have been better. Nothing to compare it too. In regards to the Sky I love the blue décor. I love the outdoor seating area at the back of the ship that everyone can enjoy.

1 Comment