Norwegian Sky Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Expectations not met

Sail Date: September 19, 2016

I'll keep this short and to the point. Cruising is not what it used to be. My wife and I took our very first Cruise 25 years ago for out honeymoon. It was fabulous! Since theno we have cruised at least 20 additional times, several on Norwegian. Over the years, the cruising experience has diminished in terms of service and staff friendliness in general.

But before I complain, let me first provide some compliments. We were really impressed with our room steward because he made it  point to call my wife, my son, and me by name. He made it personal, like the old days. Second, the assistant Cruise director and entertainment guy (Yahshua, I believe) was personable. Lastly, kudos on the all inclusive. I know it's a trial period but it's a differentiator. However, from a business perspective it must be challenging to be profitable with that model. So I assume cost has to be cut somewhere.

Now to my complaint and biggest disappointment (and no, it's not because I donated $500 to the casino. That was planned!), my wife and I celebrated our 25 anniversary and no one acknowledged it any way. I made it known when I booked the cruise and when I checked. That'said quite disappointing! Obviously, we had other options but we chose Noweigian Cruise Lines to celebrate such a milestone. Lesson learned.

My last complaint is about one of the casino workers. I believe her name is Ashcraft  (light skin, shoulder length hair). She was extremely rude - just a bad personality who should not be customer facing without much more customer experience training. But in spite of her bad attitude, I still chose to play at the casino all 4 nights. The guys were really good, especially Vijay.

I see that I didn't keep it short but really my complaint is about not receiving any type of acknowledgement of our 25th anniversary, even though you were informed AND we are past guests.

Best regards,