Amazing Cruise and Friendly Dining Staff - Guest Services...not so impressed

Norwegian Sky Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

3 Night Bahamas (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: July 01, 2016

My family and I have been on two cruises with other cruise lines, and we can truly say that Norwegian was definitely superior. Had it not been for that one incident with Guest Services, I would've given 5 stars for my review! My main complaint with Norwegian was with the Guest Services male employees who had no empathy or even concern for the well-being of my niece who had developed an allergic reaction to being stung by sea urchins while she was at a beach in Nassau. After getting out about 15-20 stingers out of both her feet, we returned to the ship. As we entered the line for customs, we noticed that her eyes had started to swell. We immediately headed to the Medical Center, which was closed. We then proceeded to Guest Services to seek further help, and to our dismay, the gentleman there told us we couldn't get any Benadryl because the gift shop was closed and wouldn't open for another 2 hours. I then asked to speak with a supervisor in hopes that the supervisor could figure out who could open the store to allow us to purchase some Benadryl. I expressed to them how angry I was that they had an area where people could purchase condoms, yet something as crucial as Benadryl, where anyone who could've had an allergic reaction to something they possibly ate on the boat, was not available. I showed the guest services gentleman and his "supervisor" how my niece's eye continued to swell and that I was afraid her throat could start closing up soon. Their only response was, "If you'd like, we can call the on-call doctor, but you have to pay $180!" This response was not the type of response I was expecting. They showed no sympathy, and luckily, a guest, YES A GUEST, happened to be passing by and heard my complaint and gave me some Benadryl. This situation definitely needs to be addressed. The outcome could've been fatal.

My oldest daughter was 12 years old and my niece was 13. They're only 6 months apart and did not enjoy themselves as much because they were not able to attend the kids club together. There were not any activities for them to do together. I was a little disappointed about that.

My husband, older niece, and myself, however, had quite a few choices for our entertainment. We mostly enjoyed the Couples game shows!

Our room attendant did an excellent job!

There were so many areas to choose from for dining. My entire family, which includes lots of picky eaters, were able to find food they loved! Everyone was happy!

Watch out for sea urchins at the beaches with sea weed in the water.
This was my family's favorite stop!