Norwegian Sky Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Nothing like the Norwegian we sailed with years ago....

Sail Date: January 22, 2016

Let me start by saying that I just retired from the Miami Dade Police Dept.after 28 years of service. During the holidays my three children pitched in and bought a 3 day cruise for my wife and I. We had just come back from visiting our Grandchildren and financially we were tight ending the holidays. Because our children had purchased the cruise we decided to go. Let me start with the dinner on our very first night. We ate the Palace restaurant. I don't think i will ever forget that experience. My wife ordered the N.Y. strips and I had the crab cakes. The food was so bad that we both took a bite and left the entire plate. We complained to our waiter and he spoke to someone else that was on the side. We waited at our table thinking they would ask us if we wanted something else. Instead another waiter came to the table and cleared our plates and silverware. After 15 minutes we got up from the table and left hungry. The next morniing we saw a lady on the 11 floor who's name was Ayu who asked us how our cruise was going. We told her how dissapointed we were with the meal. She asked us to join her that night at the crossings. We went there that night nad our meal was better. The service was lacking even though Ayu directed the staff that we had a poor service the night before. I don't believe it was her fault she came our table three times. Even with that being done after we ate we waited 15 minutes for desert. It never came so we left. We saw Ayu and told her about the meal but said they forgot ablout us for desert. Ayu on the last day sent a plate to our room with chocolate covered strawberrys and pineapple. We appreciate her thoughts and realize she single handedly was trying to make things better. Nonetheless we ate at the sushi bar the last night not wanting to chance anymore dining experiences. The food was not so great and it went on from there. Our cabin was 8141. The second day we woke up and looked for the ships itenerary. We only rec'd day 1 and day 3. I called from the room to guest services and they said they were busy but would send one up. We waited 30 minutes and noone came. Furthermore when we went back to the room there was no itenerary. The fact that we wnet to the Bahamas and then had to skip the private island just added to the unpleasantrys of our experience. I don't know what happened to Norwegian Cruise Lines. We have traveled with Royal, Carnival, and Norwegian several times. We always considered Norwegian superior to the other cruise lines mentioned for service, food and hospitality. I must say we were left very dissapointed. We spent a lot of money on our 3 day trip going to the spa both days for his and her massages and at the casino at night. Although we had no luck the aforementioned was the only thing we enjoyed on our cruis. We heard that we missed the comedian show but had no idea what was happening on the ship. Well I'm sorry for the person who has to read this but I'm glad someone asked. I hope you can correct the issues and make Norwegian what it was before. If You need any other information regarding our experience you can call me directly at 305 815-1800. Anthony Feria.

Was told to get on ship by % at the Bahamas only to learn we were not leaving there. stuck in port.
Don't know. Never rec'd book with activitys. We called guest services who said they were busy but would deliver it and never did.
Service and Staff Ayu from the Palace was the only employee who tried to make amends but her staff failed her. Food was horrible and service was worse.
Very poor. Staff on top of serving bad food ignored us at the table.
Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas
Never made it there was stuck on ship with bad food.

We will not recommend this cruise our friends and family. I hope that this was an isolated incident and the service we rec'd was from people who were training and did not perform well. Guest services should field their calls better especially if they have a guest who is off to a bad cruise.