Norwegian Sky Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Good for a Weekend Vacation

Sail Date: November 06, 2015

Room Type: Suite

In short, had we not stayed in the penthouse suite, my rating would have been lower.  Priority on-boarding and off-boarding was worth its weight in gold.  Ship was nice, but there was not a whole lot for older teens to do.  That being said, my kids did not take advantage of the teen lounge, so take it with a grain of salt.  My boys did take advantage of the basketball court a few times.  Food was excellent.  Bartenders were iffy.  Different bars on board had different rules for getting drinks.  Some would let you get multiple drinks at once, others required 1 card for 1 drink.  I saw a bartender publicly ridicule some guest because he, evidently, didn't leave a tip.  At one bar, if you asked for a drink that they weren't familiar with, they just made something up and handed it to you.  (This happened to me twice.)  Great Stirrup Cay was a lot of fun since we spent the day snorkeling.  Getting drinks on that island from one of the few stands that served alcohol, however, was not fun at all!  Long lines!  Nassau was an endless stream of harassment.  We were there long enough to get on another boat to take us to our swim-with-the-dolphins shore excursion, which brings me to my next point.  I purchased 3 tickets from the Delta Cruises website to swim with dolphins.  The resort where this occurred was VERY nice...and deserted, which was awesome!  While there were about 10 other people that were there with us from our cruise ship, me and my 2 older children were the only ones that paid for swimming with them.  Upon arriving and seeing where the dolphin areas were, I was struck by how small the pen areas were for animals this size.  During the encounter, I started asking the employees questions and when I got home, I Googled the place.  Sure enough, this place is roiled in legal action against them for inadequate dolphin enclosures, documented skirting of proper permits, etc.  What started off seeming like the experience of a lifetime, now has me sick to my stomach for giving this place as much money as I did for these animals to live like that.  Please, Delta Cruises, please stop offering this shore excursion!  Outside of that, my family had a great time just being together for our inaugural experience on board a cruise ship!  Not sure I'd go back to this ship, but I definitely see another cruise in my future.

Large bed was very comfortable. My 2 teenage boys said the bunk beds were very uncomfortable. With my kids being 13, 15, and 17, it's like cramming 5 adults in an average-sized hotel room and bathroom. The little snacks that were left every afternoon was nice. Balcony, while windy if you were moving, was great for drying wet clothes!

1 Comment