Norwegian Sky Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Pay the price for a newer ship and a good bed!

Sail Date: August 17, 2015

I didn't sleep much because the mattress was in bad condition.  Demonstrated attempts were made to address the problem in a professional manner; however only a new mattress would have fixed the problem.

Terrible. The bed was too old and misshappen. Underneath the bed was a duvet, sans cover. The duvet was terribly stained and threads were hanging everywhere from it. It was gross and should have been thrown out a long time ago!. It was sickening to look at. I don't know how you could even leave something like that for anyone. I asked for a cover and got one the first night. On the last night it was back under the bed in the plastic bag. .....for what purpose....obviously someone needed it to put on the bed to lie on. I didn't like the rust in the bathroom. The refrigerator was warm....nothing was cold in it. It would be better if a little room was left for guests to put things in the fridge...it was chock full of liquor.

I sailed NCL in Hawaii...I had absolutely no complaints. This trip to Bahamas was however a nightmare.
Embarkation handled well. Disembarkation was no explained well enough. It was easiest to just walk off with our suitcases.
The design on the aged ship, Norwegian Dawn had us strolling within inches of the buffet and diners seated eating....just seemed impolite and dirty. Definately not relaxed dining.
Freeport was a waste of time....couldn't wait to leave the worksite at the pier.
Disappointed to learn of extra costs while on the ship. Did not partake in fitness centre activities which are usually what I enjoy.
Children's Programs The teen program seemed somewhat monotonous....having them run through the crowds and do or get things.
Entertainment No comment
Service and Staff Guest Services appeared and acted professional at all times....they did not deliver however in communicating with me about what they did not fix my bed. It would have been best to have replaced the mattress. I did not sleep, could not get to sleep or stay asleep due to the bad mattress.
Food and Dining Good mostly good to very good. Table assignment was poor....we were placed at the same table, adjacent to the food preparation area and a main walking area, 4 times.