Fun ship, decent food, great stirrup cay - AMAZING!!!!!!

Norwegian Sky Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Contributor Level: Second Mate

3 Night Bahamas (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: August 07, 2015
Ship: Norwegian Sky

This was the first short cruise that we ever did.  I was worried that we wouldn't be able to enjoy the ship enough with that little time, but it all worked out.  Let's start with the positives:

The ship was fun.  Decent size for a short weekend cruise. I didn't feel overwhelmed like I would have been on a larger ship.  Even so, you still felt like you could get lost and find your own space to relax.  Food at the buffet could have been hotter, but it was  a decent selection. We went to the restaurant twice and the food was delicious.  I always try to make time for trivia and they did not disappoint :)  The host were so funny and made everyone feel welcome.

The best part of this cruise was the private island.  It was incredible.  The tender process was smooth and painless.  Even though it rained for the first 20 minutes that we were there, it cleared pretty fast and then we felt like we were roasting : ) I definitely recommend renting a clamshell for the day ($30 billed to your shipboard account).  It was a nice place to get out of the sun and relax.  There were a few games going and the DJ spinning - it was nice.  The kids played beach volleyball for a while.  For those who don't want noise, further down the beach are quieter spots.  We didn't want quiet!  We were right next to the Bacardi hut.  Beach BBQ was great, even fresh coconut!  The buffet isn't open all day on the island, but you can go back and forth while it is open.  But watch out for the birds, they will come after you!!!

Nassau was nice.  We did what we did before - walk to the free beach (Junkanoo Beach) grab a couple chairs and relax for the day.  The water is nice, although rocky at the entry point.  The locals don't bother me as much as other people, I just give them a stern face and say "no thank you".  I had a delicious water coconut (make sure you ask to have it chilled).  There is a Fat Tuesday at the beach for those who want to keep the party going.  I also had some guinepas, so yummy.

Embarkation and disembarkation were very smooth.

White night tons of fun...but be aware this ships embarks in Miami so you will see lots of siliconed folks LOL

Now the bad:

Kids in the adult pool.  Can someone please deal with this - it happens on every ship.  The rooms need an overall.  Not sure if it was just our cabin, but our bathroom was a bit run down.  Our room was soooo small.  We had a small sofa in our room that just took up space, didn't need it with two adults and two teens in one cabin.

The bars never seemed to have enough workers (especially by the pool).

Overall the ship was fun.  Already thinking about going again.

Great Outdoors Café always has shorter lines for food.

Junkanoo beach is nice and free. Short walk from ship. Rocky entry, but nice water.