Fun Weekend.....

Norwegian Sky Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

3 Night Bahamas (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: July 31, 2015
Ship: Norwegian Sky

New to free style cruising but it was OK.  Entertainment (especially the comedian) was great.  Food had a good presentation but nothing extraordinary regarding the taste of the food and the service was mediocre.  I prefer to have designated dining times, assigned tables/wait staff, etc., who remember/accommodate your wants and desires.  I also prefer cruisers dressing appropriately for the dining room (not wearing shorts, etc.).  Shores excursions were great (went snorkeling both in Nassau & Great Stir Up Cay Island).  NCL's private island is fantastic and the food offered on the island was great.  Wonderful day outside, relaxing in the sun & meeting new people.  Most all the cruisers were friendly as we met some very nice people on board and on the excursions.  Fun weekend any way you look at it.

Taste of food not what I was expecting. Have cruised well over 10 times, but this was my 1st on NCL. Not impressed with the food.

Only really participated in "white party" which was OK. Thought there would be more line dancing.

Comedian was fantastic & cruise fun director was great but was not happy I could not get a seat in the theater for the Vegas show (people were standing).

Comedian was great and Julie (Spa) did a fantastic job on my pedicure. Was happy the first 2 days with the cabin steward but he really did not do well the day before we arrived back into Miami. Thought he might have been off work that day with someone filling in for him. I asked him & he said he had been working. Was surprised!

Older ship but pretty good decor.

Smaller than most inside cabins I've cruised in before but worked out OK for my daughter & me. Had a little problem with the safe being locked but that was remedied immediately after a call to customer service.
Drove there from Melbourne, FL., so did not do any activities in Miami.
Went snorkeling but wished I could have had more time to return to the ship, change clothes & go back for some shopping.
You really don't need to book a shore excursion (unless of course you have some credit for it) because the island is great as well as the food offererd.