Norwegian Sky Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Good Weekend Trip, but NCL fell short with room for improvement

Sail Date: April 17, 2015

Cabin: 6232

This was my second trip on the NCL Sky, the first being the summer of 2013 and then April, 2015.  I will have to say the comic for this cruise was awesome, but the piano player in the bar was sub-par.  It took several attempts to engage the room steward to get extra towels and ice, but by the second day, he was in the groove.  Food was really good, but as usual, don't expect to get the lobster and shrimp on this trip unless you plan on eating in one of the special dining rooms for a surcharge.  But, I feel like most cruise lines are going this direction.  I would have given this cruise a 3 star due to the service on the ship and food, but the Out Island and Casino make up for any short comings on the ship.  NCL has done an amazing job with this island.  I noticed many upgrades and improvements since my trip in 2013.  The staff in the Casino was awesome and took my money with a smile and a laugh.  :-)

I wouldn't recommend my stateroom for anyone who has trouble with stairs. There is no elevator access, but is centrally located .
Room Steward was not very accessible and the first day of the trip you had to wait almost 20 minutes to get a drink. Forget about a waiter with drinks, which was quite surprising.
Loved their comic - Andrew Kennedy - great guy - very funny.
Typical Bahamas. I've been there many times and only got off the ship to pick up a new hat. Skip the port or schedule an excursion like snorkeling.
Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas
Love this island and all the upgrades recently made to the island. Would love to have just been left there and picked up on the return.