Norwegian Sky Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Good, but not as good as Carnival

Sail Date: November 17, 2014

Good cruise. musicians ranged from fair (guitar-singer) to excellent (piano bar and four-man band) . Great Vegas revue show, with strong dancers and decent singers but no live orchestra. but I walked out of the staff talent show after it opened with pedestrian lip sync.
Critique: needs channel guide for tv. sadly the sports channels consisted of two channels of 24-7 soccer! Blagh. No CNN. No ABC, CBS, or NBC. They need to post the current weather condition on the tv, as interior cabins have no idea how to dress for the day. The air conditioning in the outrigger lounge was so cold that even a winter coat could not make it comfortable. We called it the refrigerator. I saw many people shudder and walk out. When they turned it off for a dance party one night it got too hot. Ever hear of a THERMOSTAT!
The worst part was when it was windy we could not go ashore at Stirrup Cay, unsafe to ferry us ashore on tenders, but since this wss the first ever cruiseline owned island they hsve had plenty of time to build a pier, like Carnival uses to go ashore on Half Moon Cay. A day at sea was a waste ssince we had planned our shore excursions for that day.
The restaurants are good, but the best restaurants (3) cost extra. On Carnival we had lobster and filet mignon in the regular restaurant. On Norwegian it was Salmon and pork roast. Which would you prefer?
The cruise directors are witty and run good games and activities, though Dazzles lounge has a stage they didn't use it so the audience cant see most of the fun stuff unless theyre in the front row.
I wish there wss complimentary soda. I'm a diet coke addict and went without for the duration. Also it costs extra for internet, No cellcservice, no internet, poor tv...I felt isolated from my social network.
The five hot tubs were popular, and nice to have an extra adults only pool.
I was unhappy when a beautiful starry night, with warm breeze, we found all the deck chairs put awsy and tied up. I would have loved to stargaze from a lounge chair. Nope. Not one chair at midnight.
Didn't have a big screen on the top deck like many cruise ships now. Didnt have a map of the Caribbean tracing the ship's course.
I had a good time. We laughed and played and dined well. There were lots of happy people aboard. Lots of alcohol consumed. The boat wss meticulously cleaned. People wére nice. We took lots of pictures.
Frigid a/c in lounge, poor tv channels, clean, easy to get around, 5 hot tubs, no deck lounges latenight,
Quality service, good menu. Good buffets. Too bad the 3 fine restaurants cost extra.
Personable, called us by name, polite, helpful. Hard working.
Great Vegas revue with pro dancing. Pro piano bar and bands. A couple groups and shpws were pededtrian.
No bedside table on one side. Only one outlet, so be prepated to charge your iphones from one outlet
Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas We couldn't ferry ashore due to high winds, which is a problem Norwegian could have solved years ago by building a pier, like Carnival did at Halfmoon Cay.

If you like soda or bottled water, take your own. Bring money for internet or else youll have no web, email, news, as phone is $5/min and tv channels are terribly limited. Lots of activities.