Great Ship and Crew, but be aware of the extra fees and non-existant onboard perks advertised

Norwegian Sky Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

3 Night Bahamas (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: September 19, 2014
Ship: Norwegian Sky

I was fortunate to have 3 different cruise lines available to me in the time frame I was looking to travel to Florida. All 3 were very close in price, but this website showed a significant onboard credit for the Norwegian cruise, ($75 I think) that made the deal much sweeter.   I was disappointed to discover when I got on board that the none of the promised rewards were applied to my account and Norwegian had no record of Cruise.com's promised perks.  With no cell phone reception once we left the port and with the cost to go online from the ship to email the site  so high, I couldn't justify dealing with it while on board and just decided to just relax and enjoy the trip and send a disgruntled email when I got back.

But there was a little more salt added to the wound at the end of the trip when NCL also charged an extra $12 per day for gratuities, above and beyond the fees charged in the beginning, (something that I think had been all inclusive with the Carnival cruise I took last time I traveled but its been several years so I might be wrong).   It's not much, but if you already tipped in your room and then you'd been expecting the ship board credit, it's a little frustrating reminder as you're leaving the ship.

But the ship was very well maintained, the crew super nice, and the overall experience very good.  I do think I would avoid pre-buying too many shore excursions in the future though, as many are available at a reduced rate when you arrive and you might find like I did too much of your day was  pre-planned so there is no time to be spontaneous.    Oh, and one more little gripe. I think it's a bit disingenuous of the ship to offer free ice tea and juices in the buffet area, but only provide the tiniest little juice glasses to drink from.   If you buy a coke or something, they come in large cups, but the complimentary ones are very tiny.

Shows were good, but would have liked more variety.

Next time may not pay extra for ocean view, was hardly in my cabin. TV didn't work very well.
I parked my rental car at a lot that offered free shuttle service, the nearby lots are very costly.
Loved the pirate museum and the glass bottom boat tour. Took a horse drawn carriage through town that seemed a bit overpriced.
very relaxing, clean, well organized.