Norwegian Sky Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

The captain and his crew

Sail Date: August 11, 2014

This was my second cruise on the Norwegian Sky. In my opinion; weather, crew and ship play a role in the enjoyment of a cruise. The Sky has been in service for a while, she is still a nice ship. The weather was nothing less of perfect (coming from a south Florida native). Captain Pelle (sp) was very professional, friendly and entertaining. In my opinion, his crew followed his lead on my cruise.

Bobby Broughton is the cruise director that hosts and participates in much on the entertainment around the ship. We found  the entertainment (that we saw) fun and very funny! We spoke briefly by the control booth in theater (you drive by Bonita Springs on the way to work) Great Job!!!

Andrew Kennedy was the comedian on this cruise. Any time he had a show, good luck finding a seat if you were late. He had all ages laughing out loud. If his show had kids in the audience, he kept it clean. Very funny for all ages. Would enjoy seeing his show again!

Jose took care of our room. He was very polite, attentive and fun to interact with.

Every place I/we went on the ship, the crew was nice to us. In passing many acknowledged you with eye contact and had a smile. Many that I interacted with, I had a great conversation.

The places we went to on Freeport and Nassau were not part of a tour sold on the ship. We enjoyed both islands and the people we interacted with were great. Wellington (Welli) on Freeport and Patrick (Goldies Arawak Cay) Nassau.

Norwegian Cruise Line's private island, Great Stirrup Cay, was very enjoyable. Clean and modern amenities. Much of the ships crew came ashore to work on the island in many areas. Great lunch buffet and great job on updating the island. Only comment, more places to hide lounge chairs in the shade. After an hour or two of baking, Captain Pelle may serve you as lobster on the cruise back to port.

I read a few other reviews on this cruise before booking for a second time. My FIRST cruise the sea was a bit to rough for the captain to allow the tender boats to bring us to Great Stirrup Cay. It was disappointing BUT safety is first for the captain and seeing how much that gangway moves in calms seas, it is understandable. We used the safe for any valuables we left behind in the room. Push in a four digit code, hit # and wa-lah, valuables are "safe". The buffet food was good - very good, the service restaurants had a slightly better selection (we did the two that were part of the cruise). In my opinion, overall a pretty good meal. Keep in mind, the Sky has been in service for a while, she is still a very nice ship for her age.

A lot of fun for people who want to get away for a few days and disconnect. The people that I spoke with were having a great time. Some celebrating college graduation from St Louis, others up from south America (Brazil)....  Weather played a role with our cruise, and ports of call, but I also believe it was in combination with the crew of the Sky.

Thank you for a great cruise!

Cruise Photos

She has been in service for a while but still a very good ship.
We did not dine at any chage places, the food that was offered by buffet or service dining was good to very good.
Balcony room mid ship. Still in great shape for the Sky's age.
Service and Staff Captain Pelle, Bobby Broughton (cruise director) Jose (house keeping) and the crew of the Sky
Bobby Broghton (cruise director) you ad your staff, great job! Andrew Kennedy comedian
Great Stirrup Cay was very nice

Go early for food or entertainment. Good seating runs out fast... Bring a watch or clock to stay on time if your not using your cell.