Norwegian Sky Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Third Mate

First time Cruise

Sail Date: June 13, 2014

Cabin: GTY

I got  the cruise for $149 actually thru .  I had a stateroom on deck 9, Ricardo, I believe was his name, he is tops for keeping the rooms up. No complaints with his staff. Ok, the food is ok, on deck 11, but I personally think the food was much better on deck 12, where the Captian and his staff hang out at by the Smoke stacks. The ship had a private hot tub at the front of the ship which was cool. The music was very up to date. As for the drinks, the liquor package I would not get, its waaayy to high, like $55/per person, per night. A bucket of 6 beers is $45 bucks though. Mixed drinks is more along bar prices. If you bring your own bottle of wine(1per person), its a $25 fee to drink it on the boat. Any liquor you buy on the ship (and they have good deals), you can't take back to your room, they put it up for you til your cruise is over. Now the coffee bar, (shout outs to Reggie). He had the best deals to me. A expresso and a shot of Baileys for women and Irish whiskey for men, $6.50, and that little joker gets you right. I luv the dirvesity of the ships staff, from different parts of the globe. Tips are already included in your purchases of liquor. Now what they don't tell you, it's a $12/per day per person they charge for the rest of the staff. (Its not the fee as much as not knowing about it). The shows and entertainment was pretty good, the comdien was good(Como). Now, do not purchase the shore excurisions from the ship, when we got to the bahamas, you can catch a ferry for $4 bucks all over the place, or rent a scooter for $40 for 2 ppl and use it all day. You go to Atlantis thru the ship, bout $70 per, (ouch). I wouldn't trust the diamonds and gold on the man land, and everybody basically sells the same thing, so don't get caught in the hype of the straw market, but they have good deals. You gotta go to Senor Frog for your drinks and eats. And the best liquor deals is the store by the straw market. F.Y.I, you can mail items home if you choose, especially if u like the cigars.  The ship is not child friendly, not really much for the youngsters to do, better look at disney for that. The sky is not a big ship by cruise standards, so no rock climbing, etc. Overall it was a good vacay.

Cruise Photos

very clean,
Deck 12 is better, hand sanitizer before you enter
deck 9 had great staff
very enjoyable, kinda crowed with too many chairs
don't recall any
once you know the in's and out's, your good. If not, it'll cost you dearly
it did the trick, only changed clothes and slept in there

It's was pretty decent. From what other cruisers has said, way better than the Royal Carribean,