Norwegian Sky Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

It was OK

Sail Date: September 20, 2013

I have cruised with Norwegian before (a 7 night trip to the Western Carribean) and absolutely loved it! I was expecting a similar experience this time, but was somewhat dissappointed. I realized while on the 3 night cruise that our ship was much smaller than the Pearl and I'm assuming that's based on the fact that it was a much shorter cruise; 7 night vs 3 night. The Sky is a much older ship that needs renovating. There weren't very many night time activities for us to do; I went with 2 of my girl friends. The lounge/bar areas didn't have much going on after dinner. I will say that our interior stateroom had plenty of space for the 3 of us which was a pleasent surprise. However, there was only 1 electrical outlet for all 3 of us to share which was a challeng! Some of the staff was very short with guest. One day we had to take small boats to the dock (tendered) and there were announcements made every so often for them to call down each group. The speakers are not in the staterooms and when you are out on the boat it is difficult to hear. One elderly guest was confussed about what needed to happen to be able to get off the boat and the staff person said, with an aggrevated attitude, we've been making announcements all morning, what did you think we were saying. I was pretty upset at the staff person and said the announcements were difficult for even me to hear (and I'm 30 with no hearing problems) and I could understand why the guest didn't know what was going on. He just stared at me as I turned in my ticket. Not a great experience. The private island was crowded, but not so that it was unpleasant. The excursion we went on, the Blue Lagoon private beack, at Nassau was very nice but everything had an upcharge which was dissappointing. The beach was very nice though. One other thing, is they continued to play the same music over and over for the 3 days. Some of the poolside activities turned into something I was embarassed to be around; a men's best legs contest turned into a lap dance contest which was not appropriate for children to be around, yet it was right in front of the family pool! I will not book another cruise on the Sky, but I will cruise with Norwegian again. The food is great.
Needs updating
Some bad staff, our stateroom attendant always came at akward/inappropriate times
Entertainment was not good; not much to do after hours; played same set of 5 - 10 songs all 3 days
I don't have kids so I don't know
Miami, Florida
Stay in the Art Deco area; lots to do/eat
Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas
Very crowded; bring cash for shopping
Blue Lagoon was nice