Norwegian Sky Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Mediocre Experience

Sail Date: November 26, 2010

The ship was a little outdated. The staff on the ship was terrific and made you feel at home. I lilked that they offered hand sanitizing everywhere!!! But, the drinks were outrageous, the food was awful, and the restaurants offered the same food as the buffet. The bathrooms were so dirty and outdated that you never could feel clean. You were only given two small towels so you really had to be clever with your shower situation.

Pros: The music on the top deck was fantastic! Also, I liked that you could watch movies in your room!

Cons: The buffets were mediocre, lacked taste/flavor and creativity. My room had black hair all over the bathroom when we first arrived. It was really disappointing. The drinks were beyond expensive. The karaoke machine would break over and over again.

Recommends Norwegian Sky? No.

The rooms were small as to be expected, but the showeres were gross! There was hair all over my bathroom! The floors were cracked, and you had to touch the toilet seat every time you wanted to flush the toilet. No wonder people get sick on cruises!
The sing/dance show was really lame. Soozy was fantastic! The Newlywed Not so Newlywed game show was hilarious!
The food was extremely disappointing. The ambiance was NOT there!!
Awesome staff! Loved everyone!
The Bahamas was truly not worth it. It was exciting to be in a new country, but you were heckled with over and over. I was asked to purchase weed /cocoaine over six times. Also, when you visit their public beaches, there are men everywhere heckling you. It doeesn't stop. There were many areas in the Bahamas that tourists should NOT have been traveling around, but the cruise never warned us. We were in some scary alleys and had no clue.
Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas
This is a nice beach. I like that you had the whole day to relax, enjoy the ocean, etc.
Don't Miss: It's not really a "don't miss" acitivity, but it's nice to get away. They should have told you when you booked the cruise that there was so much construction.