Norwegian Sky Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Norwegian Cruise Lines, 4 day Bahamas

Sail Date: December 22, 2008

I'd do it again. The initial price was good and the final price (even with the $10 a day service charge and mandatory 15% gratuity added to every drink) was acceptable. Just don't think a cruise is inexpensive. With airfare, taxis and two (land) hotel nights prior to traveling, I paid about $900 for the 4 day cruize and I didn't do a lot of drinking.

The wait-staff in the restaurants were excellent, the food was good quality and avaliable all the time, the activities plentiful and housekeeping was exemplary.

If you use the gaming lounge be prepared to inhale tons of second hand smoke. I could only tolerate the smoke for about 15 minutes because there are no restrictions and smokers can sit right next to non-smokers at the tables and slots. My clothes smelled of smoke after a session in the gaming lounge.

Spa charges are obscene. I (stupidly in retrospect) paid $158.24 for a 1 hour "stone massage" that was just average. The spa also has a 24 hour cancellation policy so if you want to change your schedule it may cost you 1/2 of the treatment price.

Pros: Customer service (with one exception) was excellent

Cons: Spa charges were otherwordly and ard to reschedule due to 24 hour cancel rule

Recommends Norwegian Sky? Yes!

Paradise Island is impressive. Bring your charge card. The market at Nassau is ok if you like junk and "knock offs" (purses and wallets abound). Pirate museum is hokey. Food good at resonable prices.