Norwegian Sky Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

A disappointment

Sail Date: August 18, 2008

I was very disappointed, I was sold by that this is a newly refurbished ship and it still looked old and smelled like sewage and mold everywhere. The service was not top notch and we had to get our bathroom cleaned again after seeing our room, the room didn't smell fresh, dingy shower curtain and this was our honeymoon! trash on the decks, never going on NCL again. This was my first time on NCL, I have been on Carnival and RC and will stick to those two.

I am disappointed in because they didn't mention anywhere in our notes that this was a honeymoon! Also, we had to reschedule our wedding and honeymoon because my mother in law passed away suddenly and did not waive my penalties and I lost $500! You would think they would try hard to find me a nice rebooking for two months later so I trusted they were selling me on a nice ship, they lead me astray because this cruise was not that great.

Pros: the broadway show was entertaining

Cons: our bathroom was not clean, freestyle dining means long lines, you are forced to pay at specialty restaurants because the free restaurants are OK, not amazing as other ships I have been on.

Recommends Norwegian Sky? No.

dirty bathroom in my room, old artwork with chipped picture frames, dirty decks, the speciality restaurants are nice.
the specialty restaurants had good food, the free dining was not that special, the menu was the same every night and the freestyle dining didn't give you a chance to meet anyone and there isn't any entertainment in the dining rooms like other ships
old, stale and needs more refurbishing...bathroom was gross.
our stateroom attendants were not going out of their way to accommodate us as other ships, they were hard to find and knocked on our doors even when the signs were out.
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
we didn't even get off the ship, this stop should not be on the itinerary. it looked like a nuclear plant.
Don't Miss: nothing to see or do
Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas
this island is fun--too bad this was the only stop worthwhile for four days
Don't Miss: just get on the tender boat and go, if the weather is nice, it's a nice getaway.