Good cruise lousy cabin

Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review to Coastal - West Coast

Contributor Level: Captain

5 Night Pacific Coastal Northbound (Los Angeles To Vancouver)
Sail Date: April 30, 2016
Ship: Norwegian Pearl

Embarkation was smooth in Los Angeles.

We we only dined in specialty restaurants this trip as we had the dining package.

Moderno was fantastic!

Cagneys steakhouse was ok, the steak was cooked perfectly. However, all the side dishes were extremely bland, service was ok.

La Cucina was very good and the service was good.

I found the ship to be in good shape. The reason for three stars on this trip was our cabin I will review it below.

Before I begin I will start by saying it was a five day cruise I did not do my proper homework. So I accept some of the blame.

Avoid this cabin if you can. It sits right below the La Cucina restaurant. There is constant noise in the cabin starting with what sounds like running water constantly. Sometimes louder than other. Then there is the banging which usually dies down around 11:30.

If you are a meat eater Moderno it worth the extra charge in my opinion.

If you up for a walk you can walk around the entire bay. Then take the water taxi back to the other side. The walk is about 4 miles and the water taxi back to the other side is $6.