Dates are wrong -This Review is for TRB XVI

Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review to Panama Canal, Central America

Contributor Level: Second Mate

10 Night Panama Canal & Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: March 14, 2016
Ship: Norwegian Pearl

As stated in the title, the dates on this review are wrong but there was no option to select the cruise I actually took, which was a charted cruise for The Sixthman company. This year was The Rock Boat XVI, my first experience with a chartered cruise. Many bands and music acts were onboard including Sister Hazel, Michael Franti, and Gavin DeGraw. I enjoyed the music festival atmosphere but I appreciate that people reading this review will be interested in hearing about the ship.

I really, really, disliked this ship. I have cruised on Carnival (which I rate as average) and Royal Caribbean (which I rate above average) so that is what I am comparing this to. The ship was in great disrepair and many aspects of the cruise were simply sub-par. The food was disgusting compared to the other cruise lines. Very disappointing. Nervous

Really, really bad food. Even the food in the paid areas was terrible. Blech.

Absolutely nothing to do until 3pm on this type of cruise. The ship was a ghost town.

Obviously, the musical entertainment was awesome.

Not relevant. No Kids. Best part about this cruise, actually.

Probably due to this being a chartered cruise and a music festival (tons of loud, needy, drunk people), the staff seemed hassled and stressed. No "happy happy" feeling.

UGH. Scrap this ship already. It's GROSS.

Just OK. In need of a renovation.