Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review to Coastal - West Coast

Excellent Amenities, Willing Crew, but Information Lacking.

Sail Date: May 02, 2015

I found signage around the ship to be confusing or lacking. Some restaurants were difficult to find. Service and food in the restaurants I tried was generally very good but there were limited choices for the light eater who didn't want to eat every meal in the buffet.

I questioned a mini-bar charge on my bill and was told it was for the bottles of water sitting on my counter "because they don't fit in the bar." I've generally found anything set out like that is complimentary.

This was a re-positioning cruise so I understand things may not be running as smoothly as usual and will most likely sail with Norwegian again next year.

The water on the counter is part of the mini-bar.
San Francisco, California
I booked a trip to Alcatraz directly with Alcatraz Ferries. Their dock is right next to the cruise ship dock and they run about every half hour. The audio tour of the Alcatraz cell-block is very good.
Victoria, British Columbia
Having seen the Inner Harbor area on a previous cruise I took the offered shore excursion to Butchart Gardens. Wonderful place but more time there would be even better.
Vancouver (Canada Place), British Columbia
Spent two nights in Vancouver, a bright, clean, pedestrian friendly city. Took a walking tour with Forbidden Vancouver. The tour guide re-enacts historic events in old Gastown. Very entertaining.