Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Third Mate

The Cruise was great

Sail Date: September 07, 2014

This was an open dinning cruise and I didn't like it.  We went on one that you had the same waiter and the same people at the table and we eat at the same time every night.  I like that because you had a different menu every day.  On this cruise you only had the buffet or the 2 restaurants that serve the same thing each night.  The buffet the food did not look appetizing and a lot of pasta dishes and they just didn't look good.  Oh yea you could go to the top sliders by the pools but you had to deal with the food being cool the buns being dried out.  I can't eat any kind of fish so it made it very had for me.  I also like my food hot when I eat it and at the buffet or the top slider by the time you found a table your food was cold. Also on our other cruise we didn't have to pay for any soda's on this one you had too.  On the day you boarded the ship If you didn't buy a soft drink package per person of 6.50 a day plus tax. That gave you unlimited soda's for the cruise.  But that was over 100.00 for 2 people for 7 days who can drink that much soda in 7 days.  Just to much money when it does not cost but about 10 cents per glass. The 2 restaurants were good for 1 meal each if you like what they had on there menu. Their were 7 other restaurants on the ship that you had to pay for your meals at. As far as the stateroom was wonderful The activity were great too. The ports of call I liked.  Also before you book a cruise ask how much tax and port fee are because I thought I was paying 1 price and then they added almost 950.00 is taxes and port of call fees.  I was not happy about that either. When you post a price it should be for every thing.  The staff of the ship was great and the weather was GREAT not a day of rain and they say it rains in Alaska at least once a day.

Cruise Photos

Don't like Buffet still dinning and only 2 restuarants to eat at and not hae to pay any more money.
love my stateroom with a balcony.
The service and Staff were great they made you feel like they were your best friend.
love the entertainment.
Children's Programs did not have children's with us.
Bingo was over priced and Deal or No Deal was also over priced.
I book before we got on the ship.

The best place for breakfast was the buffet you could get an omelet and yogurt and fruit that was the best meal in the Buffet. Find a table first before you get your food. because the food will be cold by the time you find a table.