Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Worst Norwegian Cruise Yet but Still OK

Sail Date: January 05, 2014

Room Type: Suite

The Norwegian Star was incredible, the Norwegian Epic was wonderful, the Norwegian Pearl was, ah, OK.  It started off bad but got better.  The first night we went to dinner in the Indigo Lounge.  My brother-in-law asked the waiter to bring:

1.  a cup of coffee for his wife (my sister) and

2.  a wine list for himself.

It may seem basic but he only got the wine list.  The coffee didn't come.  He again asked for the coffee and was told it was coming and that was correct.  It came 40 MINUTES after the first request. (The time is approximate.  I didn't think I needed to time it until after about 10 minutes).  We also received the entree before an appetizer but we were numb by that time so it didn't matter.

The next day we switched to the Summer Palace and never had a problem again.  By the way, if you don't get good service, complain (I recommend nicely) and give them your room number.  They somehow record it so you are definately treated better.

Everything else was normal cruse level.  We were treated fine.  They didn't make you feel special like some cruises did but they also didn't make you feel like you were in the way.

See previous comment
Children's Programs n/a
Not bad but not OK. Didn't feel like anyone really cared.
Miami, Florida
Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas
I found it funny that we were on a private island under totally controlled conditions yet they screened our bags when we got back on the ship.
Ocho Rios, Jamaica