Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Don't rock the boat, let the boat rock u

Sail Date: October 14, 2007

This being my fifth cruise and first with Norwegian, overall, it was a great trip. The staff was wonderful; the atmosphere was great; the decor, art, and live music on the boat was phenomenal; the food was great, but I have had better with other cruise lines.
What I did not like about the freestyle cruising was that by reading advertisements and NCL's webpage, I booked this trip thinking all the specialty restaurants: the sushi, the steak house, the French, restaurants, etc. were included, but were actually an average of $15 to dine in; for four of us to bowl for an hour, it was $40; and bingo was out of the question because the cheapest buy-in was about $30 while with other cruise lines you can usually get cheap tickets for about $5.
The other thing is that I would not recommend bringing your kids from ages 18-20, unless they want to go to bed right after dinner because while NCL catered to teens with there teen club and 21 and over in there Bliss Night Club and other bars, there was really nothing for 18-20 year olds to do on the boat, but lay out by the pool during the day or go to the casino, but lets face it, unless you have enough money to drop on gambling, slots aren't all that exciting.

Pros: the ship and staff were great

Cons: having to pay for individual parts of the boat

Recommends Norwegian Pearl? Yes!

George Town, Grand Cayman
The people of Grand Cayman were extremely nice and not pushy like the people of Cozumel. I have snorkeled the Caribbean before, but Stingray Island was like no other experience. If you're scared of swimming alongside, petting, feeding, and literally become a little weirded out by these critters than don't waist your money, but I would highly recomend putting yourself into this squirmy situation. You don't have to book it through the boat though. I don't know what people on the boat paid, but with four of us we each paid $30 and had a smaller, more personal boat and crew with only about 10 people total and they even took us to another snorkel site and took photos for us.
Don't Miss: String Ray Island Sandbar
George Town, Grand Cayman
Don't Miss: String Ray Island Sandbar
This was my second visit to Cozumel and it is a nice little port, but if you plan on shopping and walking around the city, be prepared to be faced with business beggars and don't plan on being able to wonder and take your time looking around. Be prepared to bargain. If you're looking to party, you can do it cheap. My friends and I rented a Jeep for a few hours, which averaged $70, total with insurance and drove around to deserted beaches and stopped by the Mien Ruins. There is no reason to book the ruins with an excursion; you can easily rent a car and drive there, but BRING YOUR BUG SPRAY!! And camera! Its a great experience...
Don't Miss: Finding your own private beach off the main road where you can buy some coconuts