Amazing first cruise on NCL!

Norwegian Joy Cruise Review

Cruises: 7+ cruises

Overall rating:

Norwegian Joy

7 Night Mexican Riviera (Los Angeles Roundtrip)

Sail date: January 05, 2020

Ship: Norwegian Joy

Cabin type: Balcony

Cabin number: 9776

Traveled as: Singles/Friends

Review summary

This was my first time sailing with NCL, and I can’t say nothing but great things. The Joy was such a beautiful ship and I gotta say I think this is my favorite cruise I’ve done in the 9 cruises I’ve been on. Norwegian offers such a great product. The food is delicious (especially Teppanyaki probably my favorite of the speciality dining we did), the ship is very clean, modern, and offers great amenities. Crew was friendly as well, and they were always going around making sure everyone sanitized their hands at the buffet and when boarding the ship after a day in port-really appreciate that! I highly recommend the Joy and I’m sure her sisters are equally as great too. I was very impressed and I’m glad I finally decided to give NCL a try. I don’t think I will be cruising other cruise lines after this because I simply fell in love and found the perfect cruise line for me! Highly recommend! Very happy NCL is sending us their best ships to the West Coast!

Embarkation

Easy and quick embarkation. Get there early (Port of Los Angeles) to avoid the longer lines. Arrived at 10:30 and boarded around 11:20ish

Ship experiences

The food was delicious. I’ve cruised several other cruise lines, but WOW the food on NCL was really good, I hadn’t been on a cruise where the food was so good, and I’m a very picky eater. I enjoyed every single meal-especially the speciality restaurants I did.

Really enjoyed the shows! Footloose was great, Elements was phenomenal! Also check out the magician they have onboard, really enjoyed that too!

The crew was very friendly and kind!

I LOVED the design of this ship. It’s so beautiful, modern, elegant, and clean. The crew is always cleaning and the ship is very well maintained. I was very impressed.

Stayed in a balcony cabin. Very comfortable, spacious, modern, and clean. Really enjoyed our cabin. Lots of storage too.

Ship tip

Make sure to make your reservations ahead of time or as soon as you board the ship. Shows, speciality restaurants, and excursions fill up quickly so make reservations ASAP.

Ports of call

Cabo San Lucas, Mexico

Love Cabo. Been several times. Went to see the Arcos, rented jet skis at Medano beach, and had lunch at this delicious restaurant called La Catrina.

Mazatlan, Mexico

A lot of people aren’t much fans of this port-but I love visiting. The city is beautiful and has a lot of charm to it. Locals are friendly too.

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

I LOVE visiting PV!!! Did the Sea Safari & Horseback riding excursion this time and it was amazing!! So much fun!

Disembarkation

Did the self-assist debarkation and we were off the ship and in the car driving home at 8:30AM.