Fun Joy Ride Along the West Coast

Cabin type: Balcony

Cabin number: 13330

Traveled as: Singles/Friends

Review summary

A fun time on a lovely ship with friendly staff. There were plenty of activities to keep us busy, even without any ports of call. Food quality left something to be desired, but that was not the focus of our experience. Would have loved to have had more time on the race track, but I'm glad we got one go at it. Overall would recommend this ship for anyone whose main focus in not the dining quality.

Embarkation

Arrived at the port around 1PM and there were no lines at all. Everything went smoothly and we were on board within 30 minutes.

Ship experiences

I enjoyed the selections at the buffet but the quality of the food was average. Similarly the main dining room food was acceptable but nothing to write home about. The presentations of the desserts were beautiful, but the flavors did not live up to the visual standard. The raspberry guava mojito at Sugarcane Mojito Bar is on point though - if there's only one drink you get on board, make it this one!

Checked out the Galaxy Pavilion for the VR games - seemed to be understaffed as there were not operators for each game and they did not give any instructions on how to play. VR can make me pretty motion sick, but I decided to play a few games anyway. The one that did me in was Robo Wars; I was nauseated for the rest of the day! Laser tag was amazingly fun and can accommodate up to 20 people if you have a big group with you. Recommend doing this at night for maximum enjoyment. The race track was also super fun but it seemed like they were still ironing out the system. We had reservations for 5PM, but didn't end up driving until past 6PM. Worth the wait for us but saw some people give up while in line. Tip: bring a jacket because it gets super windy up there while you're waiting!

I'm probably biased because I love musicals, but Footloose was a good time! Gets your feet tapping just in time to go dance afterwards.

Everyone was very friendly and steward always remembered our names when greeting us. He even opened the door for us when we came back with our hands full from the buffet!

The observation lounge is great for down time, but could use more lounge chairs. Also needs more pools and hot tubs! Can't complain about the cleanliness.

The only complaint I have about the room is that the closet is very hard to access due to the placement of the couch.

Ship tip

Book everything as soon as you get on board at one of the screens (even before going to your stateroom!) All the popular activities fill up fast, especially the race track.

Disembarkation

Got in line around 8:30AM, and we were off the boat before 9:00AM.

Traveler Photos

Beef carpaccio Lamb Note that the closet door is blocked by the couch VR! Galaxy Pavilion Raspberry guava mojito from Sugarcane