Disappointing

Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review to U.S. - Pacific, Northwest

1 Night Pacific Northwest (Vancouver To Seattle)
Sail Date: May 06, 2016
Ship: Norwegian Jewel

We did a little one day cruise from Vancouver BC to Seattle WA.  It was supposed to leave at 5 PM.  We were looking froward to viewing the beautiful scenery but for whatever reason we didn't leave until about 7:20 PM.  By then it was getting cold and soon it got dark.  We asked a waiter what was holding us up and he said he thought someone had jumped of the boat at the dock.  We heard no sirens and there was nothing about it on the local news.  I don't buy that explanation.

Soon after we finally left the dock I tried to buy a round of drinks and was told my card would not work and I needed to go to deck 7 and see someone at the service desk.  There I was told that they needed my passport!?!?  I went to my room and retrieved my passport and returned to the desk.  A crew member took it and disappeared into a back room.  When he returned he handed back my passport and said, "Everything is Okay". No explanation was offered.  I demanded an answer and was told, "Sometimes the scan doesn't work". Well I watched the fellow at the check in desk scan it and give me my room number.  All in all a disappointing trip.