Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Purser

My worst first expirience!

Sail Date: December 27, 2014

Hello everybody who reads this story,

I have a really sad story to tell. Me and my wife wanted to get away on Christmas and NY's so from all the places we could've gone we decided to take a Norwegian cruise. We bought the tickets we asked for all we need to get on cruise. But it wasn't that easy. My wife is from Russia so she can't get on the cruise with just birth certificate and id. The representative really didnt listen to me and told me that she can get on board with just id.That was misleading information just to get out money. So we tried to get her viSa but its no way we could've got it in a week before the cruise. So instead of loosing money we decided that I should go with somebody else or give those tickets to our friends. Well, we called them again and they said that they can change the names on the tickets and our friends can go instead of us. We got them exited. We all got on a 3 line with the rep. to change the names and HERE WE GO THEY TELL US THAT ONLY ONE NAME CAN BE CHANGED!!!! HOW STUPID DID I LOOK!!! They lied to us again! So well I found somebody else to go with me. Me and my friend got to the terminal. We are ready to go!!! Come to find out my friend forgot his birth certificate. So he got somebody to fax it over to Norwegian and everything was fine. We were about to get on the ship. They took our luggage. Finally the nightmare was over or so I thought. The ship had to leave at 4:00p.m. But at 3:40 p.m. the captain came and said we are closing the terminal and Me and friend couldn't get on board. They left without us!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So customs tell us that no need to worry...That we can reschedule our reservation. They gave us piece of paper and told us to call Norwegian. Well all that trouble I've been through but at least I can reschedule...BUT THAT WAS A LIE AGAIN!!!!!!!! I called them couple days later and they tell me that they cant honer my reservation!!!! I DIDNT HAVE VACATIONS AS I PLANNED!!! I'VE BEEN LIED TO AT LEAST 3-4 TIMES!!! AND I LOST TIME AND MONEY DEALING WITH NORWEGIAN!!!!!!!!!!! NO CUSTOMER LOYALTY!!!!!!!!!! ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!!!!!!! AND SO MANY CRUISE LINES RETURN MONEY NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENED...I FEEL LIKE THEY EMOTIONALLY DRAINED ME AND LIED TO ME!!!!!!!
IF YOU GO ON THE CRUISE PLEASE DONT GO WITH NORWEGIAN LINE!!!! AND AS MUCH MONEY PEOPLE PAY TO CRUISE THEY SHOULD HAVE A BETTER BOAT!!! NORWEGIAN JEWEL IS AN OLD RUSTY UGLY LOOKING SHIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!