Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Great value- highly recommended

Sail Date: January 21, 2012

We booked this cruise last minute, and I was so satisfied with my experience. It was very inexpensive, and if you don't gamble and don't drink more than 2-3 alcoholic drinks/night, you don't incur many on ship expenses. The food is terrific. The staff is friendly. The ship is beautiful, and the islands have options for people of all ages and for all budgets. There are shops on the boat and they have great prices for many of the same items sold in the ports.

Pros: Entertainment, activities, round-the-clock food, great gym facility

Cons: Small room, no chocolates on pillows

Recommends Norwegian Jewel? Yes!

This ship was beautiful and with a theater, art gallery, tons of restaurants & bars, a beautiful gym, library, and spa, I never ran out of things to do. There are 3 pools: a kids only, adults only, and family pool so it never felt crowded. The ship was kept incredibly clean.
All of the food was great, buffet and sit down. There are so many options to choose from, including plenty of fresh fruits and veggies for the health-conscious cruiser. One night, we went to the tapas restaurant which was an additional $10/person charge. It was worth it because we love mexican food but the rest of the cruise we ate only at the inclusive places because the food was so delicious, there was no need to spend additional money. The dining rooms are beautiful decorated, and the wait staff is very attentive.
Our stateroom was small (and I don't think you could walk into the bathroom if you weighed more than 200 lbs) but since we didn't spend much time in our room, it didn't matter. Our mattress needed to be replaced. There were imprints from where past guests had slept. The rooms were kept very neat by our stateroom attendant, and he did a great job making towel animals in the evening. My 2 disappointments: no bath robe was provided for use and no chocolates were on the pillows at night (my favorite part of turn-down service).
EXCEEDED willing to help. Everyone was so friendly and nice and would provide you with anything you needed. One night my boyfriend wanted a dessert that was being offered at another restaurant. The waiter went to the other on-board restaurant to get that dessert for him.
Duo Elegia was a fantastic Cirque-type show. I thought one of the comedians went a little far with hitting on women from the audience, but I still found him to be funny most of the time. The cruise director and assistant did a great job of getting the crowd going.