Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Screaming Kids and everything on the boa

Sail Date: September 03, 2011

I have been on this boat and on this itinerary before but it has slid. Howling stomping kids in the halls, inconsiderate parents, Food has definitely declined, and as far as on board activities go, almost ever single one was simply a chance for them to sell you something more. Back Pain seminar was to feel acupuncture, Wine Tasting to sell wine, Art Talks to get you to go to the cheesy auctions, all that would not be so bad except they had nothing that was simply to entertain or educate. Even the Main Theater shows have declined and been scaled down.
They now charge to send a pizza to your stateroom, Room Service at night incurs a charge. The Caviar Bar is closed, Food in the main dining halls has been cut back and lost any spark of creativity, the specialty restaurants have lost the touch and the more interesting menu times removed. Service levels greatly reduced.
The Private Island is a disaster (under construction so much they should not be visiting it but replace it with another port. As a six time NCL cruiser I will be looking for a different line for the future, back to Holland America most likely.
I felt like I was on Carnival.

Cons: Screaming Kids and nothing to do

Recommends Norwegian Jewel? No.

No imagination, just dreck..everywhere
Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas
A construction mess
Port Canaveral, Florida
Only 5 1/2 hours at Disney
THe day trip pass to Atlantis is a total abject ripoff $90 per chair and you don't even get an umbrella, towel or changing room area? I could have bought my own lounge hair for much less Rude staff, unhelpful