My first cruise experience

Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

5 Night Western Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: February 10, 2008
Ship: Norwegian Jewel
This was my first cruise and I was not sure what to expect as far as rough seas, food quality, ports of call, etc. In general I would say this cruise was, for me, a good value for the money and I would think a very good value for a family as all meals were included and there seemed to be a lot for young kids to do. I liked the "adults only" pool. I was amazed that with all the encouragement to buy drinks no passenger was drunk or out of control. I am not sure if I would cruise again but that is only because of my personal travel style not because the cruise ship was lacking in any way.
I wish I had more time in this port! The seas were a little rough the day we were there so the water activities were limited. So nice and clean with upscale shopping. I will go back to Grand Caymen!
This port was a waste. Just junky souvenirs and not much else to see or do. I heard some passengers went on the ATV trip and loved it so maybe I should have skipped the shopping and jumped on an ATV! I heard the beaches were not great so I never went to the beach.

Pros: The Jewel was clean and very well maintained, staff was very friendly

Cons: Food could have been much better

Recommends Norwegian Jewel? Yes!